Director of Engineering
Basic Function: Overall responsibility for entire facility relating to maintenance, landscape, engineering and CapEx implementation. Perform, oversee, manage and supervise engineering operations for exterior and interior facilities including electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating, cooling, structural, waste treatment plant, vehicle and other engineering work necessary to maintain the property in an optimum and efficient condition and ensures the safety and comfort of guests and employees
- Oversee the entire facility for maintenance, landscaping and engineering
- Maintain all utility systems, i.e. electrical, gas, water, sewer, T.V., television
- Maintain and operate air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration systems
- Maintain structures, furniture, fixtures and installed equipment
- Select vendors and contractors that meet quality standards and pricing specifications
- Monitor and coordinate the services performed by outside contractors in accordance to all contracts, leases, service agreements and warranties
- Assist in the preparation of capital expenditures and maintenance budgets and control expenses
- Participate in planning, design and construction of property improvement projects when requested
- Ensure timely response to requests for service by guests, employees and management
- Ensure proper management of Water company, including wells, water plant treatment etc.
- Schedule all projects with minimum inconvenience to guests and employees
- Plan, implement, and administer an effective preventive engineering program for property equipment and vehicles in accordance with good engineering practices
- Work, coach and effectively manage team members and assign the most qualified person for the job
- Plan, implement and administer an energy management program
- Maintain appropriate equipment operating logs and utility consumption records
- Analyze and modify operation of primary energy conversion equipment to conserve energy
- Fully utilize Synergy system to schedule and execute requested projects.
- Purchase replacement or repair materials to maintain buildings, equipment and vehicles
- Manage the financial performance of the department.
- Coordinate with the Project manager on the HOA CapEx projects
- Install equipment and replacement recommendations for worn out or model equipment and vehicles
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area free of hazards
- Maintain inventory of parts, tools and supplies
- Responsible for the training of all staff in department to ensure service standards and resort policies are met
- Assist in safety related training for other departments as necessary
- Responsible for staffing and proper scheduling level.
- Hold monthly department meetings to review resort events, departmental policies and procedures and maintain high level of moral
- Coordinate emergency, fire and flood programs with the appropriate departments and outside entities
- Conduct ongoing inspection of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance OSHA and fire laws
- Work and properly communicate with the HOA on the projects pertaining to the HOA oversight
- Responsible for proper billing of HOPA project and private residences
- Recommend and/or take action to ensure compliance of the laws
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Chief Engineer and all other Engineering department employees
Supervision Received: Director of Lodging
Responsibility & Authority:
- Works closely with all departments to ensure guest service levels are being met
- Ability to deal effectively with all departments with regular communication
- Oversee the entire facility for maintenance and engineering
Bachelors degree from four-year College or university; or equivalent related work related experience and/or training. Formal training in the following: refrigeration, plumbing, air conditioning, building and construction. Prefer 5 years prior supervisory skills and work experience as Assistant or Director of Engineering and mechanical trades with hotel/resort, hospitals or large buildings. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Must maintain current CPR and First Aid certification. Safety sensitive position.
70% walking, standing, climbing and bending
Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
Hearing and manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Ability to drive golf cart or gator