Basic Function: Provide all aspects of the highest level of guest service including but not limited to, booking tours, dinner reservations, area activities and events. This position should promote/sell and have full knowledge of the resorts services to maximize the guests awareness of the services available on property. Outside the resort services, sell or suggest only the highest quality available to ensure our guests satisfaction
- Determine the guests needs in order to familiarize them with the various activities offered both on and off property
- Work with vendors that provide services in the area and book appropriately for guests.
- Answer telephone by using the guests name
- Maintain a clear and organized desk area
- Enter information into computer system on any event or service you have prescheduled and ensure the front desk has the information for the guests arrival date and keep guest itineraries up-to-date
- Make reservations as requested for dinner, events, air travel, rental cars, etc.
- Provide guests with directions to attractions or facilities on or outside the property
- Have a personal knowledge of all that the concierge desk offers and recommends
- Coordinates guests requests for special services including flower arrangements, gift baskets, etc.
- Complete appropriate documents for special requests to insure the correct department is notified and that the billing information is complete
- Contact in-house guests periodically to ascertain any special needs
- Quickly and efficiently follow through on all requests from guests
- Organize special functions as instructed by Director of Rooms or Department Manager
- Always use name/concierge on all written material
- Handle all guests concerns/complaints professionally, efficiently and in a courteous and timely manner
- Display a friendly manner including a smile and in a truly helpful and cheerful attitude at all times
- Assists in training new Concierge staff on how to sell the Resort and other services to our guests
- Ability to maintain the highest level of service to our guests in a professional manner at all times
- Posses a strong knowledge of Resorts facilities and services and the surrounding community
- Ensure that no gratuity (kickback) from any vendor is accepted. Only contracts through the resort are authorized
- Provide confirmations to the guest of anything scheduled so they are aware of the cost, cancellation policy, date, time, etc.
- Ensure all guests questionnaires are reviewed and responded to in a timely fashion
- Book future tours and activities in advance of scheduled arrival date to enhance guests experience
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Guest Services Manager, Lead Concierge
High school diploma or equivalent. 2 years resort customer service experience preferred. Must posses a vast knowledge of the resort and local community. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong team member relations
10% Walking & standing
Lifting/Carrying up to 25 lbs.
Hearing and manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Must have exceptional communication and telephone skills