Assistant Pastry Chef
Administer the bakeshop operation including coordination of new menu ideas and assist with breakfast and lunch a la carte operations.
1. Operate the bakeshop to insure compliance with the resorts objectives and the health and safety of all employees and guests.
2. Assist with menu development and seasonal changes as well as dessert features highlighting local/seasonal ingredients.
3. Assist with plated desserts, breads, banquets, and special events as needed.
4. Assist with guest experiences including baking and pastry classes, special events, and action stations as needed.
5. Exercise proper techniques of food handling, food preparation and cost control of high quality food products.
6. Observe safety and health standards while maintaining the bakeshop to the highest level of cleanliness at all times.
7. Use standard recipes for all dishes to insure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality. Test new menu items to determine market acceptance.
8. Control inventory and ordering of food, cleaning equipment, cleaning supplies and utensils necessary for food production.
9. Responsible for the production and quality of bakery and pastry items throughout the property including banquets.
Knowledge of pastry/baking skills to include pastries, plated desserts as well as banquet production. Experience developing composed desserts and recipes for implementation on the menu. Fundamental knowledge of kitchens and oven temperatures.
Lifting up to 50 pounds
20 % Walking